Thursday, December 3, 2009

OUR ARIZONA SURPRISE FOR BRITTANY

One Friday night, Natalie called and was saying how she missed Brittany and her family. We decided the next morning to drive all the way to Tempe, Arizona for a surprise visit. We told Neil and Josh, and no one else, packed up and drove all day. That night in the dark and middle of the desert, the GPS said "you are at your destination" but we didn't believe it. There were no lights to be seen. So we turned around and found a place in Boulder City. The next day we arrived about 4 pm and put baby Hazel on Britt's doorstep and hid. When she opened the door, we hid in the bushes, and yelled "surprise." I think we really did trick her. We had such a fun time with her and her family. And the little cousins had a blast. We may never do that again, but it felt so right to do it this time. Natalie and I are just little tricksters.
Lila and Katrina loved to play so much. What beautiful, little girls. Here we are waiting for our food and they just squeezed each other. I was amazed how good the kids were for being in the car so long. They were perfect.

Can you believe this weather! We left the cold and snowy and came to 70 degrees. It was beautiful. We didn't want to leave. The kids had so much fun with each other. They love their cousins.


I loved this park by Brittanys house. The kids had so much fun.



Reagan is growing up so fast. He is 14 months but seems like a 2 year old. He loved baby Hazel and tried to show her quiet affection. I think he could be dominated by sisters! Poor boy!




Yes, it was a surprise, but Brittany said it was her best surprise ever! So that was worth it!





3 comments:

Skousen # 4 said...

It was the best surprise ever. I miss you guys already.

Risha Wallick said...

You were so gracious to us. We had a great time....now it so cold here...I wish we could come back. I miss you and those sweet little faces of your babies!

Natalie said...

I love the picture of Katrina squeezing Lila. I want to go back. Thanks for going with me. I couldn't have done the drive without your help. It sure was worth it. Even ending up in the middle of the desert.Love you! We will do it again!