Friday, May 30, 2008

NEW CHALLANGES AT THE WALLICK MANSION

Well, May has passed quickly but not without incident. As I remember the first part of May was pretty smooth. Neil got off his crutches and was walking on his own. Spring was on the way,and we planned a little trip to Bill's cabin in Brian Head.
The morning after we arrived, Neil fell over a large bed post about 5 a.m. He knew he had hurt something badly, so I packed up Neil and left Megan and kids and Brittany and kids and brought him up to U of U Hospital. He was in alot of pain, and after about 10 hours in the emergency, it was decided that he a fractured his femur. The next day he had surgery and they put 3 long screws into the femur to attach the bone. The girls and their kids packed all the food, etc., and came up to Salt Lake.
Neil had a lot of blood taken, numerous x rays and MRI's. They took 3 biopsies from his bone that was fractured. Yesterday we found out he has b cell lymphoma, which means cancer of the marrow and maybe the bone. We will not know everything until June 17th as they need to take more tests. But we are trying to be in good spirits, and have had a blessing and our wonderful children and friends are surrounding us with love. I wanted to put pictures on of Brittany and her girls, but will have to next time. We love you all and are grateful for our blessings. Please remember us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

We love you so much!

Skousen # 4 said...

I wish I was there mom. I love you so much.