Sunday, May 10, 2009
MOTHER'S DAY COMMENT
I seldom listen to Dr. Laura, like never! But I did hear her while I was waiting for Neil one day. She was talking to a mother who really had trouble showing a son affection because she had never received affection from her mom. Dr. Laura said, "You only have two chances for a mother-child relationship in your life. The first is with your own mother and the other is with your own child. If your relationship with your mother was like a desert; lacking in love and nurturing, you have one more chance with your child. You really must make your relationship with your child the most cherished, beautiful and memorable relationship you can. It should be filled with affection and love. You will reap the blessings for putting this child first with love and attention the rest of your life." I really agree with this statement. I know it is hard at times, and we get so tired in life. But remembering my own mother, I wish I had made more time for her and listened more carefully to her. I tried with my own children. I know I did show them affection and love, but I think I could have listened better and spent more one on one time with each of them. I loved them so much....sometimes I thought my heart burst. I hope they remember my good moments and forgive me for my lacking. I know the most important thing we can do in this life is raise great kids. The world will long forget what office you held, what your job was, or how important you thought you were; but they cannot forget your children and your children's children. And your children will not forget you if you have time for them, even if some of their memories are embarrassing. They will love you more for being a little crazy. Just ask mine. I am open to comments on this one! I'd like to know what YOU think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I always felt like I got a lot of love and attention from you.YOu did the nicest things for us. You always cut our sandwiches a fun way and you tried your hardest to spend one on one with us. When you have six kids it is not a easy thing. I love you and think that you are the best Mom I could ask for. I love you and thanks for all you do for me.
Well I think you are the BEST! You have taught us so many things. A few of the most important being work hard, laugh at yourself, ,and lead by example. I love you so much my heart could burst so it goes both ways! You couldn't be a better mom, grandma, or wife. Love your guts!
Post a Comment