Tuesday, October 28, 2008

MY MAN---ATTICUS




Sometimes there comes along a kid who is just amazing--not even trying to be such. This is Atticus. If you could think of all the attributes you would want in a grandson, it would be Atticus (or Cus). He is a very great kid. Not only is he the handsomest 5 year old ever, he is also the best. He loves his mama and little sister. He still gives kisses and loves without being asked. He is kind and loving and always coming up with questions. He is bright and funny and hears every word that is said (whether he should or not.) He loves playing basketball, transformers, and drawing. He does portraits of all of us, including our belly buttons!
The other night in bed after singing him at least 20 songs and tickling his back for a LONG time, he asked me if I thought Heavenly Father made the roads in Heaven chocolate. That was a question I didn't dare answer. Every morning he gets up early and gets into Scout's crib with her. He asks her questions and tells her about himself. Example: I spell my name ATTICUS, how should we spell yours? He tries to count her teeth, but she bites him, and he laughs.
Today he went to the dentist and had NO cavities. He was sure proud! He said, "I was brave but Scout was afraid to be brave." I think one of my favorite things about him is his loving spirit. If you are sleeping with him and he wakes up in the night, he looks for you, smiles, and gives you a kiss before going back to sleep. He is full of trust and love. What a great example for his sister and all of us. Megan, Grandpa and I are blessed to have him in our lives.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Amen to that...what an amazing kid.

Natalie said...

He is such a good boy. He treats all the other little kids so well. Lila is lucky to call him her honey.